Monday, October 19, 2009

Fiber has kept me sane through some really difficult times, and this week is no exception. Having a simple mechanical task to complete helps, especially when it means you get to touch something soft and watch something colorful.

I've had a few skeins of yarn waiting to be wound into balls for quite some time, and this week I've gotten most of them ready to be knit into scarves and neckwarmers and other warm things. One of them didn't have ends. No, really. It was a skein of Manos with a few knots in it, and apparently somebody skeining it got knot-happy and accidentally tied the ends together. It was like Sam Beckett's life all tangled up in a big red yarny octopus made of one continuous loop. I made a break in the loop and got it all untangled and neatly wound, so I guess he gets to go home now.

And there's this:


It's the most awesome yarn ever. It's handspun art yarn from Cool Climates and it is filled with bazillions of fibers in bazillions of shades of white & off-white, and LOTS of wild and crazy texture, and bazillions of cool things in it like pearl beads and antique lace and super twisty bits of overspun crazy-plied awesomeness. It's going to be a scarf or neckwarmer when it grows up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I have decided to start moderating comments. If you are human, and you are friendly and non-spammy, I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you because comments make me happy! Your comment will show up on the blog probably the same day, assuming I am not insanely busy.

If you are spammy, or trolly, or a robot, you cannot post comments to my blog. Unless you are an exceptionally friendly robot with human leanings, like Summer Glau. Robots will be allowed to post comments on a case-by-case basis.