Monday, October 19, 2009


For the past several weeks, I have been semi-absent from a lot of the great online communities where I usually hang out. As some of you may know, my aunt passed away recently after a long battle with cancer. It hurts. A lot.

She was one of the rare people in this world who are truly kind all the way to the core of their being. Kind and sweet and gentle and smart and fun to be around. She cooked and baked extremely well. Like, made-from-scratch cheesecake well. Like the chocolate-covered cherries at Christmas were made individually by hand and the sweet creamy filling inside them started out as powdered sugar and vanilla and whatever magic dwelt in her kitchen. She made beautiful jewelry. She was wicked good at Scrabble.

She was good at life. I miss her.

Her death and her life have given me a lot to think about. I've been trying to find my way back to a normal routine and get back in the swing of things. Some days I succeed more than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I have decided to start moderating comments. If you are human, and you are friendly and non-spammy, I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you because comments make me happy! Your comment will show up on the blog probably the same day, assuming I am not insanely busy.

If you are spammy, or trolly, or a robot, you cannot post comments to my blog. Unless you are an exceptionally friendly robot with human leanings, like Summer Glau. Robots will be allowed to post comments on a case-by-case basis.