Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Coming Soon: Serendipity Batt Clubs!

I have super exciting shop news! I've decided to start offering batt clubs for all the spinners out there who like to get a regular fiber fix with minimum hassle.


Here's how it will work:

  • Subscribers will have the option of letting me know their preferences for things like texture, sparkliness, favorite and least favorite colors and fibers, etc. Or, they can skip that part and receive a totally random surprise each month. Art yarn spinners can choose to receive a few free spin-ins with their batts each month, which might include things like locks, beads, sequins, or little snippets of interesting yarns or ribbons.
  • The club will be for a 3 month subscription. Each person will receive their batts toward the end of the month, in February, March, and April.
  • To keep life simple for everyone, payment for the whole 3 months, including shipping, will be made up front. Shipping will be $6, which will cover all 3 months of the club.
  • For those shopping for the spinner in their life, I will happily offer gift wrapping and ship directly to the recipient's address, along with a note explaining the club, at no extra charge.
  • Once payment is received, all you have to do is sit back and wait for super awesome batty goodness to show up in your mailbox each month.

There are 3 main questions I need your opinion on...

Wool and Vegan Clubs

I would like to offer a club option for those who don't use animal fibers. This club would also be a great option for those who would like to try spinning some of the exciting new fibers on the market today, such as bamboo, Soy Silk, EcoSpun, Tencel, SeaCell, etc. These are some truly luxurious fibers, but they do cost more than wool so I would need to charge a bit more for them.

Pricing

The price for the wool-based batt club would be $6.00 per ounce, whereas the vegan batt club would be $7.00 per ounce. I think these prices are fair given the cost of materials and time involved in making the batts and running the club, but I realize they may be a bit high for some people, especially the vegan club. What do you think? Are these prices within your budget? Which club would you choose, and why? Would you buy for yourself, a family member, or a friend?

Keeping in mind the prices above, how much fiber would you like to receive each month?

Thanks for all your opinions! I really appreciate your feedback!

3 comments:

  1. I think 3 ounces is a good starting point. I think your prices are fair too, given the customization options you are giving your customer! And I like the idea of a vegan club! I haven't spun many strictly-vegan batts (just the usual bamboo) so I'd be interested to see what kind of plant-goodies you come up with! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, great deal, love it. Best wishes to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I were receiving fiber, I would like 4 ounces at a time so that I could get about 300 yards of worsted.

    ReplyDelete

I have decided to start moderating comments. If you are human, and you are friendly and non-spammy, I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you because comments make me happy! Your comment will show up on the blog probably the same day, assuming I am not insanely busy.

If you are spammy, or trolly, or a robot, you cannot post comments to my blog. Unless you are an exceptionally friendly robot with human leanings, like Summer Glau. Robots will be allowed to post comments on a case-by-case basis.