Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Sneak peek at the dyepots

I had a fabulous dye session this weekend that resulted in some awesome colors. This dye pot yielded some very pretty roving that will be in the shop as soon as the dreary weather turns sunny so I can get some nice photos.



Here's some tussah silk roving that has already made its way into a soft, shiny, wintery blue and white batt.




Last but not least, I dyed up some merino, silk caps, throwster's silk, mohair, and firestar in bright yellows and oranges.




I threw in some red merino that had been waiting for just the right batt, and fed the whole thing through my amazingly awesome Strauch Petite drum carder.




This is what it looked like fresh off the carder.






It's called Flame, and is already in the shop (www.SerendipityFiberArts.etsy.com). The rest will join it sometime this week, as soon as I can get them photographed.

4 comments:

  1. Wow..beautiful colors..the fibers are lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful!!!
    Amazing colors

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the richness of the colors! Just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I love color, so dyeing and blending colors on my carder is pretty much the most fun thing ever. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I have decided to start moderating comments. If you are human, and you are friendly and non-spammy, I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you because comments make me happy! Your comment will show up on the blog probably the same day, assuming I am not insanely busy.

If you are spammy, or trolly, or a robot, you cannot post comments to my blog. Unless you are an exceptionally friendly robot with human leanings, like Summer Glau. Robots will be allowed to post comments on a case-by-case basis.